Saturday, May 8, 2010

So much in so little time

He said that I showed him so much in so little time
That he would never forget me for that
Apologies after apologies for the pain and hurt caused to us, our families and friends

I smile as I hear of his accomplishments
I was right, he'd do so much better without me
I wanted to see him shine
and shine brightly
I see this now and it brings me much happiness

He's being offered to travel the continents
I smile and say, perhaps now you will meet the one that is truly meant to be for you
He chuckles, saying it is impossible
I said, when love comes, don't let her go, not this time

He tells me he misses the intimacy, the kisses, the passion
Tears well up in my eyes, I do too, I miss the hope I once had, wounded by my own understanding of love
I still see the goodness in him
Two wonderful people shining brightly but apart
I'd rather he shine brightly while apart then be hurt in my presence

I wish nothing but love upon him and tons of tenderness
I see a broken soul in him too
For it takes one to know another.

No comments:

Post a Comment